The US has sanctioned a number of Russian individuals and companies, including UC Rusal, in response to what the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), in consultation with the Department of State, described as malign activity.
As the largest producer of primary aluminium outside of China, UC Rusal is a significant, low cost producer in the global aluminium market. In this session we will bring together aluminium market commentators to discuss short term implications for the market.
- Bring everyone up to date with this developing situation
- Present the facts on UC Rusal’s trade flows (prior to sanctions)
- Update you on the very latest reactions from key stakeholders such as metal exchanges, key consumers and raw material suppliers
- Discuss the China question – could China become the new market of last resort?
- Short term market implications
, Senior Reporter, Energy and Commodities
, Head of Metals Research
, Societe Generale