CRU’s 17th World Copper Conference is the world premier copper conference and attracts over 500 delegates. Together with CESCO Week the event constitutes one of the most important gatherings in the mining industry. This CEO-level meeting boasts an impressive delegation of industry decision-makers and is the best opportunity to hear from copper mining and smelting industry leaders. Last year’s event included 12 keynote presentations from C-Suite executives from the world’s leading mining companies and the 2018 event will feature a similarly impressive speaker line-up.
The copper market continues to go from strength to strength. The concentrates market is expected to be in deficit by c600,000 tonnes a year in the near future as supply struggles to keep step with demand. Copper price has reacted positively on an expectation of tight supply and good Chinese demand. Miners, investors, EPC contractors are prioritising copper in investment decisions. This bullish sentiment will feed directly into the event and we are expecting are extremely large delegation in 2018 to discuss how not to miss this fantastic opportunities that market conditions present.
The conference is known for its excellent content about the prognosis for the industry, and it combines economic, financial, technical, political and societal perspectives to give delegates a complete panorama of the challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The extent to which China will close the gap between production and demand
- The impact that concentrates shortage will have
- The improvements that electric vehicles will bring to demand
- Developments in automation, data management and other productivity drivers
- Demand side outlooks for China, India, USA and Europe
- Supply side outlooks in South America, Africa and Asia
- Sustainability and community relations
- How to stimulate exploration and expedite development
- Price outlooks for LME and SHFE copper
In addition to the comprehensive agenda during the main conference delegates also benefit from attendance to the International Mining Exploration Forum
and the Sulphuric Acid seminar
. 2018 will be an excellent year for the copper industry, don’t miss out on the opportunity to benefit from the opportunities that CRU’s World Copper Conference provides.