Social Tour of Berlin
As part of the conference social programme, on Sunday 3 March the below sightseeing tour has been arranged for delegates and spouses.
Hidden Berlin and All Main Sites - 09:30-15:30 (cost per person: €75 incl. 19% VAT)*
Delve into the history of Berlin with a tour that charts the city's development from the time of the Teutonic Knights through to its key role in the major events of the twentieth century, as capital of the Nazi Third Reich, as the divided city of the Cold War, and as the modern capital of a unified Germany in the new Europe!
The tour will include the following sites: Tiergarten, The Berlin Wall, Gendarmenmarkt, Brandenburg Gate, Humbolt Universit, State Opera House, Site of Hitler's Bunker, Site of Gobbels' Bunker, Reichstag, Friedrichstrasse, Unter den Linden, Luftwaffe Air Defence Ministry, War Memorial, Bebel Platz, St. Hedwig's Cathedral, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, Pariser Platz, American Embassy, TV Tower, Berliner Dom, Royal Armoury, Schlossplatz, Topography of Terror, Check-point Charlie, Former Gestapo & SS HQ, Potsdamer Platz, Lustgarten, Museum Island, Jewish Quarter.
* Please note:
- The tour includes time for a lunch break (lunch will not be provided)
- The coach will start and finish at the Estrel, Berlin
- Weather permitting, the coach will stop for photo opportunities at the main sites
- Please note there will be a cost of €75 to attend the tour which we will only charge this to your registration once we have received the minimum number of 10 attendees interested
- Unfortunately, if we do not receive enough interest in the tour by the required date we will have to cancel
If you or your spouse would like to participate in the tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to register your interest before Friday 8 February 2019.