*Agenda is provisional and subject to change. All agenda times are listed in Central European Summer Time (GMT+2)
Monday 24 October
10:00 Registration and exhibition open
Registration sponsored by Topsoe
Technical Showcase Agenda
This value-add agenda will feature a series of 15-minute technical presentations, showcasing a variety technical products and services covering both sulphur and sulphuric acid production areas.
10:45 Kimre Mist Elimination Technology
Miles Valentine, Kimre
11:00 Steuler Quickfit: Benefits of shop fabricated pre-lined equipment delivered ready for service to site
Roland Guenther, Steuler
11:15 Dampers for Sulphuric Acid Applications
Kim Bovien & Mark George, Damper Technology
11:30 Improving Emissions using Mist Eliminator Wetting Systems
Craig Cassells, Business Development Manager, Begg Cousland Envirotec
11:45 Sulfuric Acid Catalyst for Low SO2 Emission
Dr. Jochen Willersinn, Technology Manager, EMEA - Sulfuric Acid Catalysts
12:00 Tubesheet inspection and ceramic lining
Mark Welters, Innalox
12:15 SUPERACCUDROP HP - The next frontier in sulphur pastillation
Gianluigi Virgilio, Process & Sales Engineer, SBS
12:30 Get more out of your Sulfur Burning furnace by replacing conventional baffles with a VectorWallTM mixing wall
Tim Connors, Blasch
12:45 Sulfur pit vent emissions: How to treat them well
Yves Herssens, MECS-Elessent Clean Technology
Commercial and markets agenda
14:00 Sulphur market outlook: What is next after the 2022 sulphur price collapse?
- What were the drivers of sulphur prices declines? Can the correction be fully explained by fundamental factors?
- Has the sulphur market now shifted to oversupply? What is the outlook for supply/demand in the medium term?
- How has the war in Ukraine re-written sulphur trade flows? Does this present global supply rick or opportunities to new origins?
Dr Peter Harrisson, Principal Analyst, Sulphur & Sulphuric Acid, CRU
14:45 Sulphuric Acid – Will supply tightness ease in 2023 and push prices to follow sulphur lower?
- How have acid prices responded to sulphur price collapse? What influence has demand market affordability had on acid prices
- Has the acid market now recovered from severe supply shortages? How has demand responded in 2022?
- Where will new supply and demand come from in the medium term? Will new supply push acid markets into oversupply?
Erisa Pasko, Analyst, CRU
15:15 Networking and refreshment break
16:00 Phosphate market outlook
Glen Kurokawa, Senior Analyst, CRU
16:30 Sulphur Crossroads! Multiple developments threaten a half century of decent market balances
John Bryant, President & CEO, The Sulphur Institute
17:00 Close of conference sessions
17:00 – 18:30 Welcome reception
Sponsored by Metso Outotec