Call for papers extended
Submit your abstract by 17 June 2022
CRU Sulphur + Sulphuric Acid has a well deserved reputation as an essential annual knowledge sharing and professional development forum for the global sulphur and sulphuric acid community. Guided by a technical steering committee of industry experts, the dual-stream technical programme provides the latest updates on process, materials and equipment developments, and best practice operational experience.
We are excited to return to an in-person event for 2022, with a hybrid/virtual element for those members of the sulphur and acid community unable to travel.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT BY 17 JUNE
CALL FOR PAPERS FAQ
Why submit an abstract?
As a respected global event with a 37-year heritage, the conference is an ideal platform to demonstrate thought-leadership and operational experience, and showcase your innovation and impact to the industry. Not only does the virtual platform expand your reach to a larger, more diverse audience, it allows you to make a lasting impression – all content is available to delegates on demand for 30 days, plus for 2022, we’re introducing more direct engagement including speaker lounges and ask the expert sessions, in addition to our live Q&A and group networking.
How do I submit an abstract?
All abstracts must be submitted via our abstract portal. Click here to submit your abstract.
How long should my abstract be?
We recommend your abstract be between 200 - 500 words. The abstract should clearly describe and summarise the case study, product or service the paper will cover. There is a separate section within the abstract submission portal where you will also need to detail which of selection criteria your paper addresses and how.
Selection criteria include:
- Operational problems and their solutions
- Operational experience
Who can submit an abstract?
We welcome abstracts from all organisations, but papers authored or co-authored will be prioritised. Submission is free, but successful submissions that are accepted to the programme will be subject to a registration fee (excluding operators/producers who will receive complimentary registration).
What subjects are we looking for?
We welcome abstracts covering the following areas of sulphur and sulphuric acid production:
- Sulphur recovery and sulphuric acid production in the context of the Energy Transition
- Novel and emerging technologies along the sulphur and acid value chains
- Process optimisation and design, including digitalisation
- Advances in sustainable production, in particular, emissions abatement
- Improved energy efficiency and decarbonisation strategies, including CCUS
- Developments in biofuels and biorefining (as pertaining to the sulphur unit)
- Materials and equipment improvements and optimisations
- Operational challenges, solutions and best practices including root cause analysis
- Best practice health and safety initiatives
- Application of improved technology or catalysts
- Revamping, maintenance and turnarounds
Process areas covered, but not limited to, include:
- H2S removal
- Amine & Solvent Treating
- Sour Water Stripping
- Claus Sulphur Recovery
- Oxygen enrichment
- Tail Gas Treating/Incineration
- Sulphur Degassing
- Sulphur solidification/forming & handling
- Metallurgical acid production
- Gas cleaning
- Wet sulphuric acid processing
- Sulphuric acid recycling and regeneration
What happens next?
Abstracts are reviewed by a technical steering committee chaired by CRU. The committee will review the abstracts after the call for papers closes on 17 June and make their programme recommendations. Authors will be informed of the outcome of their submission by early July.
Presentation and paper details and requirements will be shared with authors at the time of acceptance to the agenda, but submitters should please note that a full technical paper will be required in addition to a pre-recorded presentation for the virtual conference.
Who can I contact for more information?
Do you have follow up questions, or would like to discuss an abstract idea in more detail? Get in touch with the event Portfolio Director, Amanda Whicher
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT TODAY