About the Event
Annually nearly 500 senior executives, including the most influential copper market, convene at this crucial copper industry conference. Delegates and speakers at the 19th CRU World Copper Conference will be among the most knowledgeable participants in the industry and an important source of opinion on the myriad issues that could influence the market.
Our international attendees represent the complete copper value chain from miners, to smelters, traders and end-users.
Themes covered in 2019 included:
- CEO Panel: Mining pioneers – emerging business models
- Mining costs are once again rising - Which technological advances are having the greatest impact on OPEX?
- Scrap – What impact will Chinese government proposals to ban the import of all forms of imported scrap have on global metals flows and on Chinese consumers? Will this policy stimulate a large and automated scrap recycling sector?
- Traceability requirements – How will greater traceability and an emphasis on sustainable copper affect prices and market dynamics?
- The economic footprint of the mining industry extend far beyond the mine mouth - How are governments and policy-makers stimulating domestic industries and identifying
- international export opportunities for the METS sector?
- Chinese demand – China’s growth rates remain robust in-spite of its economic transition. What are the key upside and downside risks?
- From finance, to incentives, to tech metals - exploring the outlook for exploration
- Green tech – How are forecasts for electric vehicles evolving?
- Beyond the base case – Copper price under different market scenarios
- CFO Panel: Financial innovation – emerging mining finance models
Why should you attend?
- Join the largest annual gathering of top mining executives
- Hear supply-side strategies from leading mining CEO's
- Familiarise yourself with unfolding financial and physical market scenarios
- Gain an early read of Chinese demand
- Continue and conclude contract negotiations
- Exclusive networking at the largest and most influential copper industry conference
- A chance to meet all the key international executives in one place
- Receive a login to the networking app to arrange meetings pre-event
- A link to the presentations from the event to review when back in the office
- Access to all social functions at the conference