About the Event
Nearly 500 senior executives, including the most influential copper market, will convene at this crucial inflection point for the Copper industry. Delegates and speakers at the CRU World Copper Conference are amongst the most knowledgeable participants in the market and an important source of opinion on the myriad of issues that could influence the market.
The three-day conference is widely regarded as the leading copper conference and regularly attracts nearly 500 delegates from 40 countries. Our international attendees represent the complete copper value chain from miners, to smelters, traders and end-users.
Why will the CRU World Copper Conference 2017 be so important?
By the time of the 2017 Conference, the industry will be embarking on the road to recovery.
After a five year period of strong growth in mine supply, a lack of new projects will be the main catalyst behind a price recovery and deficits later this decade and into the early 20’s.
The market is already showing signs of tightening and downside risks are decreasing. Upside risks will dominate the outlook in the short- and long-term and key questions that will need to be answered include will the SRB take advantage of 2017 prices to make additional purchases and how much copper do they have? Also, how will the growth in electric vehicle ownership, particularly in China, affect the copper market?
Much of next year’s surplus will be concentrated into the first quarter due to the Chinese New Year, and a much more balanced market is expected from April onwards making the timing of the conference perfect to help you plan for the remainder of 2017 and beyond.
Why should you attend?
- Join the largest annual gathering of top mining executives
- Discover whether fundamentals will sustain 2016 price gains
- Hear supply-side strategies from leading mining CEO's
- Familiarise yourself with unfolding financial and physical market scenarios
- Gain an early read of Chinese demand
- Continue and conclude contract negotiations
Issues that will be covered include
- Mining strategies for the 2020’s
- Next level technology
- Economic and market expectations
- Strategies for financing mines, desalination and energy projects
- Copper scrap
- Growth markets
- Issues related to future copper demand
- Exclusive networking at the largest and most influential copper industry conference
- A chance to meet all the key international executives in one place
- Receive a login to the networking app to arrange meetings pre-event
- A link to the presentations from the event to review when back in the office
- Access to all social functions at the conference
- Opportunity to register from an unmissable site visit to Chuquicamata (subject to availability)