, John Ball, General Manager, North America
11:30 AM - 11:50 AM
The Global Steel Industry Review
- Assessing global cost competitiveness in the steel industry - what are the prospects for mill margins and utilization rates in the US and Europe?
- Charting the rate of capacity closure in China and China’s domestic market strength relative to other global markets
, Head of Metals Consulting, North America
11:50 AM - 12:10 PM
What Can Cost Developments Tell Us About the Future Evolution of Ferroalloy Prices?
12:10 PM - 12:30 PM
Future Directions in the Silicon Market
, Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing
12:30 PM - 12:50 PM
Geo-politics and the Impact on the Ferroalloys Industry
- Impact of America First Policy on the ferroalloy industry.
- Impact of strained relations with Russia on the ferroalloy industry .
- Impact of Chinese economy overheating or receding on the ferroalloy industry .
- Depressed price of oil and its impact on the ferroalloy industry.
- What will be the likely domino effect created by these macroeconomic changes?
- Opportunities for investment and acquisition created by bankruptcies.
Kenneth A. Rosen
, Partner and Chair Bankruptcy, Financial Reorganization & Creditors’ Rights
, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
12:50 PM - 1:10 PM
Current environmental enforcement in the ferroalloy industry