About the Event
This year will include special highlight sessions that focus on the future of renewable energy, connected living, automotive electronics and subsea wire and cable usage. These sessions will explore these next generation applications and how they will impact producers, traders and distributors around the world. Discussions will also cover the economic outlook in the developing and developed world, addressing the many challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
- 11-year history of bringing the whole industry together
- Consistently attracts 200+ senior executives from industry-leading companies
- 30+ presentations in 14 discussion sessions packed into a two-day programme
- Maximise your time - concurrent focused streams: Communication and Energy:
- 15+ speakers and six sessions dedicated to communication wire and cable
- 15+ speakers and six sessions dedicated to energy wire and cable
- Special focus on the future of automotive wire and cable
- Site visit hosted by Niehoff - see the latest wire and cable production technologies first-hand
- CRU view: Hear insights from CRU’s industry-leading analysts and experts
Topics to be covered include:
- What will the next phase of Germany’s Energiewende mean for the future of the European Super Grid and regional transmission cable demand?
- What energy projects from around the world will be driving subsea cable demand?
- What does Brexit mean for the world’s wire and cable markets? What will be the effect on investment into renewable energy and the UK's participation in the Single Digital Market?
- What will the introduction of driverless cars and increased proportion of electrical cars mean for automotive wire and cable use?
- What is the future for G.fast and fibre to the home? How can the industry prepare for the arrival of 5G and increasingly smart, connected lifestyles?
- How are international trade flows shifting? What is the update on capacity expansions in China and other emerging production hubs?
- What is the view from capital markets? Could the industry benefit from further M&A activity?
We are delighted to be holding this year's conference in Munich. The Bavarian capital is Germany’s undisputed technology centre and boasts one of the world’s largest IT, communication and automotive industry hubs. Germany has emerged as a world renewable energy leader, which makes the country the perfect place to understand the future of wire and cable consumption in power generation.
CRU’s Wire & Cable Conference brings together over 200 delegates from 33 countries across the wire and cable industry:
History of the event
Now in its 11th consecutive year, the Wire & Cable Conference has a strong track record as the establish annual meeting for the international industry. Past events have taken place in:
Wire & Cable 2007 - Paris
Wire & Cable 2008 - Barcelona
Wire & Cable 2009 - Rome
Wire & Cable 2010 - Gothenburg
Wire & Cable 2011 - Amsterdam
Wire & Cable 2012 - Vienna
Wire & Cable 2013 - Berlin
Wire & Cable 2014 - Istanbul
Wire & Cable 2015 - Barcelona
Wire & Cable 2016 - Milan