About the Event
This year will include special highlight sessions that focus on the future of renewable energy, connected living, and the new CPR regulations in place. These sessions will explore these next generation applications and how they will impact producers, traders and distributors around the world. Discussions will also cover the economic outlook in the developing and developed world, addressing the many challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
- 12-year history of bringing the whole industry together
- Consistently attracts 200+ senior executives from industry-leading companies
- 30+ presentations in 14 discussion sessions packed into a two-day programme
- Maximise your time - concurrent focused streams: Communication and Energy:
- 15+ speakers and six sessions dedicated to communication wire and cable
- 15+ speakers and six sessions dedicated to energy wire and cable
- CRU view: Hear insights from CRU’s industry-leading analysts and experts
Topics to be covered include:
- What is the forecast for global wire and cable and optical fibre supply and demand?
- What are the key economic and technical trends that will impact demand and shift trade flows?
- How are CPR regulations affecting cable producers, suppliers and distributors?
- How can better broadband boost productivity and the economy?
- What is the view from capital markets? Could the industry benefit from further M&A activity?
- Special Focus: the development of offshore wind energy projects and how they will impact cable producers, traders and distributors.
- Special Focus: the concept of smart cities and role of energy generation, transmission and distribution systems in improving urban life.
Delegates will receive:
Engage in exclusive peer-to-peer networking at the leading industry event from across the energy and communications wire and cable supply chain
A unique opportunity to meet all the key international executives in one place
Enjoy unlimited access to the networking portal to arrange meetings pre-event
Easy access to all the presentations from the event to share with your team
Advanced notice about all the social functions at the conference
Priority booking onto the site visit to see latest technologies first-hand at NKT's Karlskrona high voltage cable facility (subject to availability)
CRU’s Wire & Cable Conference brings together over 200 delegates from 33 countries across the wire and cable industry.
View the latest delegate list here
History of the event
Now in its 12th consecutive year, the Wire & Cable Conference has a strong track record as the establish annual meeting for the international industry. Past events have taken place in:
Wire & Cable 2007 - Paris
Wire & Cable 2008 - Barcelona
Wire & Cable 2009 - Rome
Wire & Cable 2010 - Gothenburg
Wire & Cable 2011 - Amsterdam
Wire & Cable 2012 - Vienna
Wire & Cable 2013 - Berlin
Wire & Cable 2014 - Istanbul
Wire & Cable 2015 - Barcelona
Wire & Cable 2016 - Milan
Wire & Cable 2017 - Munich