With the challenge to secure Europe’s commitments for 2030 to climate change, energy security and low carbon economy, offshore wind is considered as key component to the new energy market. This highlight session will identify:
- How can the global wire and cable supply chain support the development of offshore wind projects?
- What innovations are disrupting the wind energy market? How can wire and cable companies react and participate in these developments?
- What will be the industry and government actions to realise the potential of offshore Europe?
- How would member states cooperate regionally? Case studies from NordLink Project and Baltic Energy Market Interconnection Plan
- What are the cable solutions for wind turbines and how the use of fibre optic can facilitate the wind farm networking?